Verse of the Day

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Family Update!

What a month this has been! I'm not even sure if anyone reads this....but maybe it's more for me than anyone else.

Let's see where do I start. Well, to begin with on June 5th, Jake graduated. It is so hard to believe that he is 18 and has graduated from high school. It has been very bittersweet...putting his video together, going through old photos....where does the time go. But it has also made me realize, once again, how very blessed I am.

The past two weeks, I have been settling into my new school. I am now the assistant principal at a middle school in Palatka. This past week, I got my new office set up and am beginning to fell settled. I am excited about the move....not near as many extra evening duties at a middle school compared to a high school, so that means more time to focus on family and scrapbooking!!!! But even though I was looking forward to them move, saying good-bye to all the people at IHS was hard. And at graduation, the students presented me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and Jake's football jersey as a memento of my years there. Thankfully, Jordan will be playing sports all year, so I will still get to see many of the teachers and students!

An update on my parents... Dad has finally been able to start his radiation. HE finished 5 treatments this past week and has 37 more to go. He has recovered from all of his other surgeries so we are definitely seeing the light at the end of this tunnel. Mom is doing better also. She has received two spinal injections and that has helped the pain in her back...however, she will probably have to have surgery later on in the summer.

Wedding plans for Katie & Eric are moving on along very well. She has been very diligent about getting everything done and the invitations went in the mail last week.

We leave for our cruise this coming Thursday... going to Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Mexico) to celebrate Jake's graduation. There are 23 of us going so we are sure to have a great time.

OK, I think that's enough for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment