Verse of the Day

Thursday, November 26, 2009

So Much to Be Thankful For!!!


I hope everyone has had a happy & blessed Thanksgiving! I know I have so many things to be thankful for but most of all I am thankful for a God that loves me in spite of who I am. He is God who is always there even when it doesn't seem like He is. His love for us is so amazing - it is truly indescribable!

On November 5, there was a challenge on Facebook to post something that you are thankful for each day. I went back and looked through the postings I had made and compiled them here. I think I was actually able to post something everyday from November 5 until last night. When we start writing down all the things that we are thankful for it makes us really take a step back and realize how blessed we truly are. My sister and I were talking tonight at dinner about how grateful we are for our families and our health. She was thinking back to 5 years ago when she was first diagnosed with breast cancer and I was thinking about Thanksgiving 10 years ago when my youngest son had leukemia. We were talking about how far we have come and how blessed we are. I have no idea why God chooses to bless me so immeasurably but I do know that I am so thankful that He does! So here is a list of my postings from the last 3 weeks. May God bless you --- Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His faithful love endures forever. Psalms 107:1

  • Today I am so thankful for my salvation - to know that a wretch like me could me saved from my sins still amazes me daily!
  • Today I am so thankful for the unconditional love of my Savior.
  • Today I am so thankful for my wonderful hubby who loves me for who I am and accepts all my flaws.
  • Today I am thankful for my 4 wonderful and amazing children!!!! (As well as my son-in-law and future daughter-in-law!)
  • Today I am thankful for godly parents and godly in-laws.
  • Today I am thankful for godly friends who help me stay accountable and accept me for who I am.
  • Today I am thankful to be an American and for all the men and women who defend my freedom everyday!!!!! A special thank you to all of our veterans.
  • Today I am thankful for grace, mercy, sanctification & justification.
  • Today I am thankful for a great job!
  • Today I am thankful for a wonderful hubby who cleaned and cooked while I was scrapbooking (And also thankful for everything that goes with scrapbooking!!!) I am so blessed.
  • Today I am thankful for the freedom to worship in a Bible believing, Bible preaching church. I am so thankful for Southside Baptist. Looking forward to great services today.
  • Today I am thankful for a great 30 minute walk at the river. So relaxing!!!!
  • Today I am thankful for an evening of no responsibilities. I have had another great walk at the river and am so relaxed now!!!! This is the day the Lord has made, I will be glad & rejoice in it!!!
  • Today I am thankful for showers of blessings.
  • Today I am thankful for good friends that even though you may not see each other all the time there is still a major connection!!!!
  • Today I am thankful for the excellent health of my children. 10 years can make a huge difference-thank you God for complete healing!!!!
  • Today I am thankful for lazy Saturdays,
  • Today I am thankful for my parent's 42nd wedding anniversary - Happy Anniversary!!! Love you!!!
  • Today I am thankful for short work weeks!
  • Today I am thankful for my God that paints a beautiful sunrise for me each morning.
  • Today I am so thankful that I have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment