Verse of the Day

Monday, January 25, 2010

Who Am I?

“Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my house, that you have brought me this far?” I Chronicles 17:16

I have recently finished a Bible study about the life of David and this is a question that David asked in the form of praise to God after realizing that in spite of his many failures, God still loved him and planned to bless him and his family. During this study was the first time that I ever really remember reading this verse. I’m sure I have read it before or at least heard it in a message at some point, but for whatever reason, it has never meant so much to me as right now. There are so many things in my life that I can take a step back and ask “Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my house, that you have brought me this far?”  It amazes me at how blessed I am that God chose me and has brought me as far as He has because I know that I am so undeserving of even one morsel of His loving-kindness, mercy, grace, love, forgiveness, or blessings. Yet He showers me with all of this and so much more. I am so unworthy but because of His unconditional love and unmerited favor, He has decided to bring me exactly where I am!  Thank you my Lord, my Savior, my God!

Here are a couple of layouts from last year depicting who I am and I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am who I am because of my Lord & Savior!





No comments:

Post a Comment