Verse of the Day

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Trusting God!!!

Over the last three days, Mary Southerland of Girlfriends in God has been doing a series in the daily devotions about how we can be victorious over winning.  The key verses from these devotions are:

Philippians 4:4-7 (NIV) "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

These devotions this week has been exactly what I need as I have some things in my life right now that I have been stressing about.  Through these devotions, I was reminded that God is God and He is in control and I can rest assured in His goodness.  Here are the main points on how we are to win over worry:

Action one: Choose joy
Action two: Be gentle
Action three: Be aware of His presence
Action four: Choose to trust
Action five: Pray about everything
Action six: Practice the attitude of gratitude
 
The following was the prayer today from the devotional and this is truly my prayer right now:
 
Dear Heavenly Father, today I choose to face my fears with prayer and praise. I surrender my doubts to You and choose to walk by faith - not by sight. Fill my heart and life with Your peace and help me face these uncertain times in Your strength and power. And those things I can't do anything about, Lord, are Yours. Thank You for being Peace in my life. In Jesus name - Amen.
 
If you would like to read the complete three day series, you can click below:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment