Verse of the Day

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Walking with God


I sit here tonight thinking about where I am in my walk with God. As I am studying the book of Hebrews and specifically the "Hall of Faith" chapter 11, I read about the men and women who walked with God. It tells us in Genesis that Enoch walked with God for 300 years. And because Noah walked with God, he was found righteous and God led him to build the ark! Now that's walking on the right path. So what path am I walking on? Am I on the path that leads to righteousness? How can I even compare myself to walking with God if that's what these men & women in the Hall of Faith did?

Then I am reminded by the sweet voice of God, that He is the same God of Abraham, Noah, Enoch, Sarah, Rahab, Abel, Joseph, Mary, Jacob, Isaac, and so on as He is today!!!!! It's not based on what I can do --- it's based on what my GOD can do and what He did do. And when I put my trust in knowing that the God who warned Noah about the flood and the God who called Abraham to go into a foreign land and the God who spoke to a young virgin girl through an angel – well that GOD is the same GOD who speaks to me and calls me every morning, throughout the day and into the evening. All I have to do is listen and respond --- and that's when I start walking with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment