Verse of the Day

Sunday, August 15, 2010

How Do I Love Thee?

The other day I was thinking about how much God loves me and for some reason the words of the famous poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning came to my mind. Here are the first two lines:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

As I was thinking of that, it was like I was hearing the voice of God speak to me. “Tonya, How do I love you, let me count the ways. I love you as far as the east is from the west and deeper than any sea there is.” Then I started thinking of all the ways He tells me everyday how much He truly loves me. So I thought I would start a list of the ways I hear Him whisper and sometimes even shouts His love to me. Some of the ones listed are of course the most obvious, but then I started getting very specific.

1. JESUS – God gave His only Son for my sins

2. Creation – God created heaven and earth for me

3. Family – God gave me an amazing family

4. Friends – I am blessed to have godly friends that I am surrounded by

5. Sunrises & Sunsets – God paints a fresh painting for me every morning & evening

6. Flowers – Have you ever noticed that there are no two flowers that are the same

7. A conversation with Jordan coming home from church --- it was a very deep spiritual discussion and my heart was overflowing

8. Answered prayer – at camp I specifically prayed for God to allow me to be in the spiritual birthing room and within 2 hours I had the privilege of leading Loran to Christ!

9. God placing me in a spirit filled fellowship and using me in His ministry

10. His Word & Devotions – He always knows exactly what I need when I need it and either through His word or devotions He speaks to me

This is just the beginning --- I now challenge you to listen for how God is telling you how He loves you and let Him count the ways. I would love for us to start a running list here and let’s see how many different ways we hear Him tell us He loves us!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! Just another reminder to me that God is love. I will be reflecting on the ways He loves me this week as our church goes through a difficult time together. Thank you for sharing your heart & soul. :0)

    ReplyDelete