How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
As I was thinking of that, it was like I was hearing the voice of God speak to me. “Tonya, How do I love you, let me count the ways. I love you as far as the east is from the west and deeper than any sea there is.” Then I started thinking of all the ways He tells me everyday how much He truly loves me. So I thought I would start a list of the ways I hear Him whisper and sometimes even shouts His love to me. Some of the ones listed are of course the most obvious, but then I started getting very specific.
1. JESUS – God gave His only Son for my sins
2. Creation – God created heaven and earth for me
3. Family – God gave me an amazing family
4. Friends – I am blessed to have godly friends that I am surrounded by
5. Sunrises & Sunsets – God paints a fresh painting for me every morning & evening
6. Flowers – Have you ever noticed that there are no two flowers that are the same
7. A conversation with Jordan coming home from church --- it was a very deep spiritual discussion and my heart was overflowing
8. Answered prayer – at camp I specifically prayed for God to allow me to be in the spiritual birthing room and within 2 hours I had the privilege of leading Loran to Christ!
9. God placing me in a spirit filled fellowship and using me in His ministry
10. His Word & Devotions – He always knows exactly what I need when I need it and either through His word or devotions He speaks to me
This is just the beginning --- I now challenge you to listen for how God is telling you how He loves you and let Him count the ways. I would love for us to start a running list here and let’s see how many different ways we hear Him tell us He loves us!