Verse of the Day

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Let's Never Forget

In memory of September 11, 2001



 "If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."‎ 2 Chronicles 7:14

As we take time today to remember 9/11 and show honor to all those that lost their lives, I pray for the families that were changed forever.  I also pray for America and I am so thankful that I am an American but more importantly, I am thankful that I am a Christian.  The following quote is what my 15 year old son has posted on his facebook today --- if we could all have this mind set we would be so much better!

Why do we bad mouth muslims? Why do we wish that they would all die? Have we not realized that Jesus Christ died for the whole world not just the U.S. Maybe if we spent all the time that we spend hating them on our knees in prayer for their salvation then our troops would not still be fighting. The only thing that is going to change the middle east is if they surrender their lives to Jesus Christ. (Jordan Massey)

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you."  Matt. 5:44

WOW!  Out of the mouths of babes.  But it is so true --- why are we so quick to hate and so slow to get on our knees and pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment