Verse of the Day

Saturday, January 1, 2011

January Stamp of the Month, Find Your Style

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring January's SOTM, which is Find Your Style, a set of 9 stamps. If you have come here from Kathleen's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants here.

This month we have more than 50 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

I used a new technique I learned from the latest CTMH Art & Soul video called marbling.  I used a balled up piece of regular white copy paper to blot liquid glass all over a piece of Colonial White cardstock then let it dry.  After it had dried, I used my rubber brayer with Sweet Leaf ink and covered the cardstock.  The dried liquid glass resisted the ink, giving it the marble look.  The other papers on the cards are from the Wings Level 2 paper pack and the bird and sentiment are from the Find Your Style stamp set that is only available during the month of January. Contact me to find out how you can get your very own set at a discounted price or even FREE!!!  I also added some brads and ribbon from the Mini-Medley's Black Accents to finish the card off.

Now "Hop" on over to Terri's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the January SOTM is only available until the 31st! Contact me to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even FREE!

Here is what the stamp set looks like:

You can scroll on down on my blog to see even more artwork with this stamp set as well!

7 comments:

  1. Tonya, Gorgeous card! I love the way the black color and accents just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marbled paper adds a nice touch. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. I like how the bird is soaring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I did the marbled look, but never thought to use my brayer. That would have made it much easier. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card - love the marbled look on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta try that technique. It looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete