Verse of the Day

Monday, January 10, 2011

Made to Crave!

This past weekend I started reading Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst.  This book is simply about learning how to satisfy our deepest desire with God instead of food.  I had not planned on blogging about this topic, but after reading chapter 4 today I realized the importance of an accountability partner.  You see for years I have dealt with being overweight.  I have tried every diet plan out there and they have worked - temporarily.  Lysa is one of the contributing writers of Proverbs 31 ministries which I receive daily devotions from.  A few weeks ago, I was reading on her blog about this book that she had written and I immediately felt the Holy Spirit whispering to me that I needed to read this book.  So as soon as it was released I ordered a copy and picked it up on Friday.  I have only read the first 4 chapters (which I have related to everything she has written about so far) and can already tell I did the right thing.

Please understand this is NOT a diet book -- this is a book about how we are made to crave - -but our cravings should be for GOD and GOD alone.  By the way - I don't even necessarily have a 'weight' in mind that I am trying to get to - -this time it is all about my health and how I feel -- physically & mentally but most of all spiritually.

Well, today as I was reading Chapter 4 about the need for a friend to go on this journey with, I had the sense that I was to blog about this journey and let all of you be my accountability partners!  My plan is to do a weekly blog about this journey to let you know what I am learning and how I am doing. I hope you decide to follow along!

1 comment:

  1. Tonya, my spirit leaped when I saw this post as I just downloaded the Kindle version of this book yesterday! :) I'm so excited to find a CTMH Sister reading it as well. We will have to keep each other updated on our journeys. Thank you for sharing this publicly. May our cravings be of God alone!

    ReplyDelete