Verse of the Day

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Scripture Memorization

As some of you may know, I am working on reading through the Bible in its entirety this year.  However, I don't want to just make it a task to be checked off when it's done, so I am also going to participate in a Scripture Memory challenge hosted by none other than Beth Moore! I have completed many of her Bible studies and consider her to be a woman of God and so in tune with Him! So as I was reading her blog the other day, I noticed she was starting a new "Siesta Scripture Memory Team" and I decided to join it.  It is a challenge to pick a verse every two weeks for the year to hide in our hearts - that's only 26 for the entire year.  


I was just reading her blog update and she said that over 8,000 people have joined in on this challenge.  So I want to encourage each of you to join in as well.  Simply visit this blog post and read the instructions to get started memorizing God's Word!!!  Leave me a comment if you decide to do this so that we can pray for each other.


By the way --- I chose James 1:5-6 as my first selection to memorize this year: "Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without doubting. For the doubter is like the surging sea, driven and tossed by the wind." -- see my post Living in 2011 for an explanation as to why.

No comments:

Post a Comment