Welcome to this group’s first attempt at a Technique Blog Hop! This month there are 11 of us highlighting the “Contrast Embossing” Technique as shown on page 31 in the Spring/Summer 2011 Idea Book! This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. If you would like to start from the beginning, please visit Debi Barber's Blog. While there you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way. Let’s get started!
If you are coming from Rachel's Blog, you are on the right track! This technique is highlighted with the Lucky paper packet in the Idea Book but you will find variations for its’ use through this hop.
Here I used Topiary ink for the background stamp and Outdoor Denim embossing powder for the contrasting.
Recipe: (All items CTMH)
- Dreams Come True Stamp Set - D1470
- Baby Love Stamp Set - B1368
- Topiary Cardstock - X5635
- Splendor B&T (Retired)
- Topiary Stamp Pad - Z2155
- Versa Mark - Z891
- Outdoor Denim Embossing Powder - Z656
- Outdoor Denim Ribbon - (Retired)
If you would like to see details on the technique or my supply list, please continue reading below. If not, please continue onto Xellina's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!
The steps to Contrast Embossing are:
- Stamp background image on project.
- Stamp additional images in Versamark ink. Sprinkle with contrasting color of embossing powder.
- Tap off excess powder. Set with craft heater.
Here you can see a visual demonstration of this technique.
Thanks for stopping by! Continue onto Xellina's Blog to continue the hop!