Verse of the Day

Saturday, April 16, 2011

ABC Scripture Challenge - F, G & H!!!

Let me start out by saying that the last few weeks have been rather hectic and I have not been able to participate in too many challenges lately.  However, last night we had an open crop and I was finally able to get caught up on my ABC Scripture Challenges at Patter Cross's Blog.  So here goes:

F: Forget - Click here to read Patter's study on this word.


Isaiah 44:21-22 "Remember these things, O Jacob, for you are my servant, O Israel. I have made you, you are my servant; O Israel, I will not forget you. I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you."


How reassuring it is to know that my God will never forget me!


G: Gift - Here is the link for this word study.




Most of us think of Romans 6:23 when we think of the word gift - "For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."  I am so thankful for this gift and it is by far the greatest gift ever.  But we tend to take for granted all the other gifts He gives us --- a smile from our child, a beautiful sunrise, a rainbow after a storm, peace that passes all understanding, a loving church, and oh the list can go on and on -- so that is why I chose this verse:


James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.


H: Hands -  Here is the link for this study.






When I saw this word I immediately thought of Isaiah 49:16 "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;  your walls are ever before me."  I did a Bible study with our youth girls a few years ago called "Wild About You" and this was one of the key verses. It reminds us that God has us engraved on His palms so how can we not trust Him completely with our life!  We are in His continual care --- we are always on His mind --- Christ will look at His hands and instead of seeing His scars - He sees me!  


WOW what an awesome God we serve!



3 comments:

  1. Amen! We do serve an awesome God! Your pages are all so wonderful! Thank you for your sharing and great job on getting all caught up!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all lovely. I do like your verse for Hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages! I love seeing them all together. They just flow all together and tell such a sweet story about our Lord. Blessings, Hope

    ReplyDelete