Verse of the Day

Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's No Secret!

I started a new Bible study this week, It's No Secret, by Rachel Olsen. I just finished chapter 2 tonight and it was about being completely surrendered to Christ - being sold out for Him - willing to take up our cross and follow Him. What is really neat is that this past Wednesday I taught the lesson for Youth Alive and it was about this same message. So tonight as I'm reading in the book, I say to myself, "Wow, I think God is really trying to tell me something!" Rachel talks about how at times our security, comfort and pride can cloud our spiritual vision causing us to miss the value of the kingdom of God. Then she goes on to say, "this shakes me to my core when I get honest about how much time I spend pursing creature comforts instead of the treasure of Christ." Wow - can I ever relate? Yes our salvation is a free gift from our loving Heavenly Father - but it is a very costly gift! And it's also a call for complete surrender and abandon and total loyalty. So what is it that keeps me from totally following Christ - What am I pursuing instead of pursuing Christ? I k ow I am ready to surrender and live a life in sync with my Savior!!!! What about you?

Looking forward to next week's assignments! If you are interested in this study, go to Rachel Olsen's blog or Melissa Taylor's for more information.

2 comments:

  1. I have started reviewing my "creature comforts" too and it is scary. Thanks for your honest challenge to surrender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we have a tendency to only want to carry our cross if we can throw it in the back of our late model, upscale SUV.

    (a wink and a smile)

    You pulled some of my favorite points out of this chapter! Thanks for posting. ~ Rachel

    ReplyDelete