Verse of the Day

Saturday, May 14, 2011

May Technique Blog Hop - Paper Piecing!

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 12 of us highlighting the “Paper Piecing” Technique as shown on page 27 in the Spring/Summer 2011 Idea Book!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  If you would like to start from the beginning, please visit Debi Barber's Blog.  While there you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way.  Let’s get started!

If you are coming from Teri Baxter's Blog, you are on the right track!  This technique is highlighted with the Sophia paper packet in the Idea Book but you will find variations for its’ use through this hop. 

Here is the project I created:



This is the part of my card that I paper pieced. It started out as the image below:





I started out by stamping this image in Smoothie, then I stamped it in Honey and Olive.  I cut the Honey & Olive pieces and attached it to the Smoothie image to give it the pieced together look. In doing this I was able to incorporate more of them colors from the paper.

If you would like to see my supply list, please continue reading below.  If not, please continue onto Sheila Wilkerson Blog's where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

Supply List: 
  • Mayberry My Reflections Paper Pack - Level 2 - X7136B
  • Stamp set from Lucky WOTG - G1018
  • Stamp Set from You & Me May Constant Campaign Kit -- CC1012
  • Colonial White Ribbon
  • Smoothie Ink  - Z2196
  • Olive Ink - Z2137
  • Honey Ink - Z2162


Thanks for stopping by!  Continue onto Sheila Wilkerson Blog's to continue the hop!

3 comments:

  1. I really like how your paper piecing adds dimension to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought about doing this technique on corners like this! Such a great idea!! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete