Pages

Verse of the Day

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Multicolor Motif - Technique Blog Hop

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 14 of us highlighting the Multi-color Motif” Technique as shown on page 110 in the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  If you would like to start from the beginning, please visit Debi's Page.  While there you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way.  Let’s get started!

If you are coming from Rebecca's Blog, you are on the right track! 

The multi-color motif technique is a quick and easy way of adding more than one color to a stamped image at one time. For my project I used the owl from our special Pair-A-Phrase stamp set in honor of National Stamping Month. I used our Exclusive Markers to add the color:


This is what it looked like after I used the markers to 'color' the stamp:


Then I added a very small mist of our spritz spray to moisten the color and this is the result:


I could have left the owl like this, but I decided to add more color by using our Watercolor pencils and so this is my owl now:


 I used our Mocha Opaque Gems for the eyes.  I can't show the rest of the project yet, because it's for one of my best friends  baby shower on Saturday. But I promise to show all of it after she sees it next week.

Supply List: 
  •  Pair - A - Phrase Stamp Set (September Constant Campaign)
  • Markers: Cocoa, Chocolate, Honey, Desert Sand, New England Ivy
  • Watercolor Pencils


Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Cherri's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

4 comments:

  1. love the owl and great job on the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute owl. Can't wait to see the rest. Love that you included the photos to show how it was done.

    ReplyDelete