Verse of the Day

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Pain of A Parent's Love

The other day as I was driving home I was thinking about some of the heartaches my children have faced and my heart broke for them.  In some of the situations, I think I hurt worse than they did.  I was thinking of all the pain we have experienced - from cancer, death of a parent, surgeries, broken hearts, struggles with friends, middle school drama, and so much more and I thought about how with each struggle I wish I could have taken their pain from them but I know I can't do that.  Then all of a sudden, I heard God speak to my heart and say, "How do you think I feel?" I suddenly realized that God experiences all these pains with us and feels them even more deeply than we do.  However, it's more than that.  We often times talk about how God turned His back on Jesus when Jesus was on the cross and took on the weight of all of our sin. But not only that, God had watched His son experience a pain and hurt so much more excruciating than any of us could ever imagine and as a parent that means God was feeling that pain and hurt too.  So on top of hurting for His one and only Son, He then had to turn His face from Him as Jesus took the wrath of our sin ---- now that's an AWESOME love!!! All I want to do as a parent when my children are hurting is to wrap them in my arms and take all their pain away --- yet because God loves us so much, He couldn't do that - at the time His Son needed Him the most, when His Son was hurting more than He had ever hurt, God couldn't hold Him. Oh what a love ---- thank You God for experiencing the ultimate pain of a parent's love so that we could have salvation!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment