Verse of the Day

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year - 2012


Okay so I am a day late on getting this up --- I hope this is not a sign for this year! I went back and looked at my post for Jan. 1, 2011 to see what I had posted as far as resolutions and goals.  The only one I made was to read my Bible throughout the year and listen to God. Well, unfortunately I didn't complete that task - I did read my Bible on most days but I didn't read it in it's entirety.  I also didn't always listen and obey God. As I was thinking of this over the last couple of days, God really started speaking to me about my follow-through - or my lack of follow-through.  Then I was reading a devotion by Lysa TerKeurst about how the end goal always seem so hard to reach.  The focal passage for this devotion was 2 Peter 1:5a-6a (NIV)“…make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance…” .

This verse really spoke to me as I realized that the two things that I lack the most are self-control and perseverance.  In other words I can't seem to stick to a plan and see it through the end.  So this year, this is going to be my verse that I focus on daily and instead of making a list of things I want to accomplish, I am going to wait and see how God leads and then make sure that to my faith I add goodness, knowledge, self-control and perseverance! 

Oh I am going to once again start reading through the entire Bible this year - lets see if I can persevere this time!!!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment