Pages

Verse of the Day

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February Use Your Stash Blog Hop

Welcome to the this month's "Use Your Stash Blog Hop!" This month we are featuring buttons and flowers. Did I say Buttons & Flowers .... Buttons & Flowers ... Buttons & Flowers -- Oh my word I have a bunch of Buttons & Flowers and I definitely need to use my stash!!!!!

If you are coming from Joy's Blog then you are on the right track. If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.

Today I am showcasing two projects using buttons & flowers (as well as some retired paper that I have been hoarding and need to use!!!)


First up is a canvas project that I have been wanting to do.




I started out with a colonial white flower then stamped them in Smoothie & Honey -- here is a picture of the stamping:





Then I simply added a button and some Waxy Flax to the middle of each flower. To create the canvas used a matte medium I got from a local scrappin' store -- coated the canvas, then the back of the papers, the put a top coat on everything - including the flowers and ribbon! By the way, this masterpiece of my beautiful granddaughter is hanging on my office!

Now you can hop on over to Judy Faye's blog for more ideas of using up your stash. You can also keep scrolling down for another project using my buttons and flowers stash.


Isn't she precious!!!!!


The buttons & flowers are from the all NEW Bohemian Assortment!!!!!



Both of these projects used B & T papers from the You & Me kit that I have hoarded for several months and not used at all until now. The 2 page layout also uses paper from 2 other retired kits -- Felicity & Caboodle. (Using papers from more than one paper pack was a weekend challenge from my upline, Melissa Robinson).


These projects also meet the Lasting Moments Challenge for this week --- We're Wrapped in Ribbon! I used our Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain ribbon (Z1617) on both the canvas and the 2 page layout. This ribbon is probably my favorite ribbon at the moment!!!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. You really did bust out that You and me, kit! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I have that stamp set and will have to try it on some flowers from my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout! Thank you for the awesome tip of stamping on the flowers! I might even have to include that in my newsletter for March. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used that stamp on the flowers! I'm going to have to try that. Great projects!!
    Wendy K.
    www.MyScrapbookingBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have alot of white flowers, never thought of stamping the flowers, great idea.gonna share it with my friends. happy scrapping

    ReplyDelete