Verse of the Day

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

This morning in church I was asked to share a few words on the importance of a godly mother.  As I began praying, seeking God on what He would have me share, He spoke to me about sharing something personal that He has shown me throughout this year.  I wanted to share with you what I shared this morning:


This year God has shown me through several students at school the importance of godly moms. Sandy & I were talking one day as to how many of our kids who struggle (especially some of our boys) do not have a mamma at home to talk to, hug up on, or comfort them at the end of the day much less anyone to pray for them and raise them to be godly.

Being a mother is one of God’s greatest blessings and this experience this year has made me look at myself as a mom. I realized that even though I have messed up many times as a mom, I have always loved my children unconditionally and have made every effort to show them know how much they are loved. I have prayed for them since day 1 and I have done my very best to teach them what it means to live a godly life.

I have also realize just how very blessed I am as a daughter because I always knew my mom loved me, she was always there to give me a hug when I needed it -- even when we didn’t see eye to eye or if I messed up – I never had to question her love for me and I know that to this day she prays for me.

One of my fondest memories with my children is reading the book “I’ll Love You Forever” at bedtime and there is a little saying in that book that expresses a mamma’s love to her child. I have changed it a little bit and want to leave you with it this morning:

So in honor of our mammas:

“We’ll love you forever, we’ll pray for you always, as long as we’re living, our mommies you’ll be.”

It was a special honor for me to be asked to speak on such a special day.  I am so blessed as a daughter and a mother.

Here is a picture of me with my amazing mom:


And here I am with my boys. (Unfortunately both of my girls were sick and didn't make it to church, so I didn't get any pictures with them.)



Here are my flowers that I got --- the carnations are from Katie & Eric and the lilies are from Jordan (he brought them into my Sunday School class this morning - it was so sweet!)


Thanks Mom for being who you are and thank you Katie, Britt, Jake & Jordan for the honor of being your mom!!! I love you all!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment