Verse of the Day

Monday, June 11, 2012

A Renewed Me ... Again!!!!!

I am reposting from last week.  I am still struggling but I am not going to give this journey up! I will have victory because I am a child of the King and He has a perfect plan for me!!!! Please continue to pray for me as I walk this path trying to learn to be obedient to my Savior in every area of my life!


Previous Post:
I have been so inspired by my oldest daughter's weight loss blog and now my other daughter is starting one, I decided that I am also going to begin posting about my journey to get healthy!!! My prayer is that my posts will be an inspiration to someone just as Katie & Britt are to me.


To begin with a little about my journey. I have battled my weight for the last 30 years - I went on my first diet when I was 13 and I just turned 43 last month! Over the last 30 years, I have lost and gained anywhere from 20 to 30 pounds too may times to count.  The normal routine is to loose 15-20 pounds then gain 20-25 pounds.  I seem to always gain a few more than I just lost so I am sure you are smart enough to figure out that after 30 years of doing this, I definitely need to loose more than 15 - 20 pounds this time.  To be honest, I need to loose about 40 pounds.  


I am tired of being on a see-saw. I am becoming consumed with the scale and I am tired of it having control over me.  I have a one year old grand daughter and I want to live a long healthy life to enjoy seeing her (and hopefully others) grow up! 

I am currently reading Lysa TerKeurst's 60 day devotional that's a follow up to her best selling Made to Crave book. She points out that this battle is a spiritual one as well as a physical one.  I want to crave God more than I crave food and I can't say that's always accurate! God created me to crave Him - to rely on Him - to allow Him to satisfy my every need - I want this more than anything and I am claiming victory in this area of my life!!!!

I know that God created me for so much more than this - I want my life be an example of obedience to my God! Please pray for me as I begin this journey. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment