Pages

Verse of the Day

Monday, July 16, 2012

July Technique Hop ... Perfect Clusters


Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are several of us highlighting the Perfect Clusters as shown on page 96 in the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  If you would like to start from the beginning, please visit Debi B's Blog .  While there you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way.  

If you are coming from Ann Maire's Blog, you are on the right track!

For my project that highlights this technique, I created an 8x8 layout for a shadow box.  This picture is of my precious Tenley from her 1st birthday photo shoot.  I love the flower field and all the colors in her tutu, so I decided to not use B&T paper and simply use cardstock and embellishments.  For this technique I used the perfect cluster of embellishments by using 2 different flowers, flourish sparkels, and a stamped sentiment.

Here is the finished product:

Supplies: CTMH --- Gypsy cardstock, Sunflower cardstock, Flourish Embellishment,  Sunflower flower,  Sparkles,  Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, Bling button & pin, Ribbon, You Hold the Key to My Heart stamp set (retired)
Non-CTMH - Purple flower
You can go ahead and continue on with the hop by visiting Wendy's blog, or keep reading for details on how I used this technique in my layout.

I started out by choosing sunflower and gypsy cardstock to match the flowers in the picture.  I had a flower from my local scrappin' store that matched the gypsy color but I didn't have a sunflower color one, so I decided to use my re-inkers and make one.  Here is how I did that:

I created a 'sunflower' color by using my alcohol, water, sunny yellow re-inker, orange re-inker and pearl paint.  It was an almost exact match.
White flower before adding mist.
Finished sunflower color
After getting my flower colored just right, I simply put the layout together and perfectly clustered the embellishments:




Then I placed the layout in a black shadow box which will be in my office!!!!


Now visit Wendy's blog to continue on with the hop!!!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a great piece of art to hang in your office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and will make a wall beautiful when displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty neat deal! congrats on convention stuff.

    ReplyDelete