Verse of the Day

Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Time of Reflection

As we get ready to end 2012 and begin 2013 I have been doing a lot of reflecting over this last year and looking back at what I had set for goals last January as well as the many Januarys in my past.  This reflection time has brought many emotions .. mostly feelings of disappointment and guilt over not  following through!  I feel like a broken record ... pouring my heart out to God asking for His forgiveness for failing so miserably again, for not being obedient in many ways, and the list goes on.  However, I hear Him speak to my heart telling me to not be discouraged or dismayed but just simply to keep on striving to be obedient to His plan for my life. His love for me is not dependent on my actions --- He loves me simply because He is God and that's what He does.  His love for me will always remain the same; however, I know He must be disappointed in my complacency -- as a matter of fact He tells us that complacency makes Him want to vomit.  And that is exactly where I have gotten - comfortable in my life and my spiritual walk and I no longer want comfortable!!!! I want to be on fire for my God - always listening for His voice - always seeking to know where He is leading me - always looking for ways to bring Him glory & honor!

So for 2013 I am going to hold onto the following verses that our pastor shared this morning.

Philippians 3: 12-14  12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I am going to strive for the goal that Christ has set for me and that is simply to put Him first in everything I do - from my family to my health to my finances to my work and most of all my time.  God tells us in Hosea 10: 12 that it is time to seek Him and break up the unplowed ground.  That unplowed ground is my idle mind - my complacency.  God wants my everything - all of my heart, all of my soul & all of my mind to be focused on Him.

How am I going to do this you may be asking - I don't know exactly. However, I am starting with complete surrender and a true desire to change and be the person God created me to be.  I know that the most important thing I must work on is being in HIS word more - not just snacking on it here and there - but truly devouring it - letting it feed me like never before! My goal is to spend more time looking in HIS face than I spend on Facebook! I am praying for God to reveal Himself to me and use me to reach others. I am fervently praying for a renewed spirit and a complete return to my first love with Jesus my precious Savior. When I do this - when I make God the one and only LORD of my life and I become second --- I truly believe that everything else will fall into place.

Praying for the most amazing year ever as I walk hand in hand with my Jesus!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment