Verse of the Day

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

God's Goodness



Lamentations 3:24-25, "'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I have hope in Him.'  The Lord is good (towb) to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him." 

The word "good" in the passage is the Hebrew word for towb: good, pleasant, beautiful, excellent, lovely, delightful, convenient, joyful, fruitful, precious, sound cheerful, kind, economic or practical benefits, wisdom, esthetic or sensual pleasure. 

God, You said You would satisfy the desire of every living thing.  I'm alive!  I have deep needs -  I am desperate for YOU and YOU ALONE to meet!  You said if I positioned myself on YOUR team that You would meet me with GOODNESS.  Not just goodness that is a feel in my heart, but FINANCIAL goodness and ESTHETIC goodness and JOYFUL goodness and ALL SORTS of other goodness.  And I gotta say:  I am desperate for that GOODNESS!  God, would You step in?  Would You make good on your promise?  I have a need!  You said You'd meet it!  Here it is!  Move God!  So that we can proclaim to others:  LOOK WHAT GOD DID!!!  I love You, in Jesus Name, AMEN!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment