Verse of the Day

Friday, January 31, 2014

1 Peter 5:7-8 --- M2C Blog Hop #2

This week's verse for the Made to Crave Bible Study that I am doing is 1 Perter 5:7-8a and this week I am choosing to unpack this verse for this blog hop.  Here is a picture of my verse mapping:


Although the study is only focusing on the first part of verse 8, I included the entire verse for my verse-mapping (if you want to read more about verse mapping, check out this blog post by Heather Bleier).

1 Peter 5:7-8
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Youradversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

After digging into this verse, this is what God laid on my heart:

Throwing all my uneasiness & concerns on JESUS, the one who cares for me more than anyone does, so that I can be alert, focused and on guard because the enemy (satan) is always looking for prey to pounce on me to destroy me.

WOW -- whether those uneasy feelings are from food struggles, financial issues, work concerns, family matters, emotional distress ... whatever ... I can throw all of those on my JESUS!!! And this week I have a lot to throw on Him, but if I don't I will not be able to protect myself from the enemy! When my mind is cluttered with anxieties, I cannot be alert, focused & on guard!

I am so thankful that my Jesus can carry the weight on my fears and worries! What are you carrying around that you need to cast on Jesus?

**A special shout-out to Mandee for the info on the Notability app that I used to map my verse!!!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm so glad you found the app helpful. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with verse mapping. I'm checking out that app.
    Glad you're on this journey with us.
    Carla Pollard
    OBS Blog Hop Team
    www.carlagpollard.com

    ReplyDelete