Verse of the Day

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Altred Canvas ... A Pinterest Idea!

I absolutely love Pinterest!! As a matter of fact I have 51 boards and 2,125 pins and can spend hours looking for great ideas to pin.  One of my pins is of an altered canvas idea that I pinned several months ago where you use letter stencils to create a saying then paint over them & peel off the letters to create your work of art.  I had been wanting to do that for awhile and on Tuesday I did! I also wanted to create something that can be a reminder of my focus for this year to hang in my bathroom to see each morning as I am getting ready.

So here is the process I used to create my daily reminder:


I started with one of our CTMH My Creations 6"x6" Canvas (Z1818) and used a variety of different alphabet stick ease (most are retried) to spell out the quote I wanted to use.  Then I mixed our Sunset Re-inker (Z2291) with Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint (Z1039).  After getting the exact color I wanted I started painting the canvas, then once it was completely covered I waited for it to dry then used tweezers to remove all the letters. And below is the final result with some embellishments added (retired ribbon & buttons).


This quote is a perfect reminder of my daily prayer this year -- Lord I want less of me and more of You so that I can love you more today than I did yesterday!!!!

Photobucket

1 comment: