Verse of the Day

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Craving God

Today,  I started the Made to Crave Online Bible Study hosted by P31 Ministries.  This Bible study is about satisfying our deepest desire with God, not food (or whatever you crave -- money, bad relationships, drugs, or whatever it is that you spend the majority of your time thinking about).

One of our first optional tasks was to participate in the M2C Blog Hop. One of the topics was to tell you why I am doing this study and to invite you join. So here is my why:

I have a confession - this is the 3rd time doing this study, but I truly believe this time is going to be different for several reasons.

  • God is working on my heart this year about embracing FREEDOM and this vicious cycle of weight obsession is definitely something I need to be free of.
  • I know that it is imperative that I start making better choices when it comes to my health.
  • I was created to crave God and I am tired of trying to satisfy that craving with other things!
  • I need to be spiritually fit as well as physically fit.
  • God is calling me to do this and I need to be obedient to His calling.
I honestly do not have a number in mind for the amount of weight I want to loose. My focus is more on the spiritual side and once I get spiritually fit, whatever happens with the number on the scale is simply an added bonus. I am excited to see where God is going to lead me and how He is going to speak to my heart over the next 6 weeks. 

You can read about the study by clicking here.

By the way, I am hosting a small group page on Facebook for some of my close friends and I created the following cover picture (using PicMonkey) for our group:



I will be posting weekly as part of the blog hop for this study, so stay tuned!!!!

#CravingGod #P31OBS


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are joining us! Blessings in this MTC journey.
    Lauren, P31 OBS blog hop team

    ReplyDelete