Verse of the Day

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!!!



January 1, 2014  - WOW! Today I was thinking about goals and resolutions then started looking back over some of my posts from the last couple of years and came to the conclusion that I am not going to set any New Year's resolutions this year. My focus this year is going to be very simple --- love God & love people.  My prayer for myself and for each of you is that we truly learn how to love Jesus more each day than we did the day before. I want my life to be more about Jesus and less about Tonya. And most of all, when I mess up - when I sin - I am not going to beat myself up, I am simply going to seek forgiveness and keep on moving closer to Jesus.  Jesus never stops loving me so why I should I ever stop striving to love Him more each day.

Here are a couple of quotes from Louie Giglio's book I read last year that I am going to keep reminding myself of as I journey daily to be more and more like Jesus:
  • God knows me better than I know myself. He knows how small & frail & weary I am. He knows my limitations & He made me this way for a reason. He knows how weak I am and how strong He is. He desires to do huge, God-sized things through me.
  • From the very beginning –even before time began – the Father, Son & Spirit were thinking about how much they love me and how they are going to create me beautifully, fearfully and wonderfully – for the sole purpose of having an intimate and forever long friendship with!
  • He must become greater & I must become less --- (John 3: 30 He must increase, but I must decrease.)  This means a focused determination, a calculated purpose statement for life & ministry.
When I learn to rely on Jesus more and less on Tonya, then I will be the person that God intends for me to be --- spiritually, mentally & physically!!! What more could anyone ask for????

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment