Verse of the Day

Thursday, January 23, 2014

M2C Blog Hop .... #Empowered

This week for the Made to Crave (M2C) blog hop I am posting about the word EMPOWERED! To begin with I want to look at the definition of empowered -- to give power to and some synonyms for this word is qualify, enable, authorize. Now let's look at the following verse:

Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us.

So what is this power at work within us. This power is the same power that performed miracles and wonders; it's the same power that caused the Red Sea to split; it's the same power that enabled Abraham to be obedient to God when He told him to sacrifice his son; it's same power that raised Jesus from the dead -- it's the power of the Holy Spirit!!!! And the moment of my salvation, this power immediately came all over me and in me. So what does this do --- it says in this verse, that this power is what enables God to do abundantly far more than I could ever ask or even dream! I am empowered with this amazing power -- I am enabled - qualified - authorized!!!!

I am crying out to God to help me to be satisfied with healthy choices, to be content with the things I have, and to CRAVE HIM above all else. According to this verse and the fact that I am EMPOWERED means that God is wanting to do abundantly more with my health, my things, & my cravings than I could ever imagine!!!! I will definitely take that!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Tonya, I love your blog on SO many levels:

    1) I, too, am crying out to God to help me in being satisfied with healthy choices;
    2) I am a paraprofessional (I started in the middle school but am now at the high school);
    3) I've been a youth worker and a Sunday school teacher;
    4) and I always sign things "In His love"!!

    Thanks for sharing today!

    In His love,
    Pat (OBS Blog Team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your blog. Powerful. Thank you for giving me a greater perspective of being empowered! Natalie (OBS Blog Team)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you brought out the word QUALIFY as a synonym to empower. God is qualifying me to reach my goals. I am qualified to do this!!!
    (p.s. came from Fleur de Love - I use and iPad app called Notability for my verse mapping. Thanks for visiting!)

    ReplyDelete