Verse of the Day

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

TTT - Altered Cork Board Turned Jewelry Organizer

Tuesday's Tips & Techniques

So I had pinned a cork board covered with fabric that was being used to hold necklaces & bracelets several months ago on Pinterest. This past weekend I decided to tackle the project but I wanted to use scrapbook paper instead of fabric. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a generic cork board (24" x 36") and a pack of clear push pins then went to creating:


I started with white craft paint and CTMH's Outdoor Denim Inks Distresser to make blue paint to paint the wooden frame of the cork board! 
 
Painting the frame
I chose to use CTMH's Claire Paper (Retired)
Using Mod Podge I started covering the board with the papers. I coated the back of each sheet with Mod Podge, then after having all 6 pieces down, I put another coat on top to seal it and protect the board.
And here is the finished product with my necklaces and bracelets nice and organized -- also they are so much easier to see & use!!!!!
Here is a close up - you can see her I simply used clear push pins and miniature clothes pins too.  In the middle I used some Just Blooms flowers along with the Claire assortment to give it a finished look.  And int he corner yo will see some of our Just Blooms Butterflies. (all products are retired but at least I am using them up!!!!)

I also wanted to have some way of organizing  my earrings so I decided to use some burlap hot glued to an altered photo mat with some added bling:

And here is my wall with everything nice and organized and most of all pretty!!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment