Verse of the Day

Saturday, April 26, 2014

God's Word & A Creative Display

I am excited to be a part of another Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study & Blog Hop. The study we are doing this time is "Living So That.." by Wendy Blight and it is an in-depth look at the verses in the Bible that contain the phrase 'so that'. Each chapter has a key verse that we are encouraged to hide in our hearts as well as other verses that are cross-referenced with the key theme of the chapter.  This past week we were looking at chapter 3, "Pray So That..." and we focused not only on prayer but specifically our prayer life.

One of the items that we could focus our blog hop on was how are we displaying our memory verses. But before I show you my creative display, I want to share with you what this verse means to me.

Hebrews 4:16 - Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

I love how this verse reminds me that I have direct access to my Father. I can go straight to him with confidence - I can get right up at His feet - at His throne!!!! And that allows me to receive mercy and grace in time of need.  When I don't know where else to run -- I run to my Father! When I feel like I am at the end of my rope, I know I can confidently sit at the feet of the throne of my God and He's going to shower me with grace and mercy.  When I am in the place of greatest need, I have no need to fear or worry or stress or grow anxious because all I have to do is draw close to my Father with full confidence in knowing He will be there to hold me and give me exactly what I need!!!!!

This verse also has special meaning to me because during a really tough time in my life I was at a Beth Moore conference and one of the worship songs we sang was Mercy Seat based on this verse.  Needless to say, it is now one of my favorites! Keep scrolling to the bottom to enjoy the song!

What a verse and with the week I have had I so needed this to be my focus verse!!!! So here is my creative display. I actually have 2 verses displayed - one is the memory verse and the second is one of the other verses that are referenced for the week that really spoke to my heart. You will see that I have also highlighted the words I want to really hone in on as well!!!

I decided to display my verses in the bathroom under my clock as I look at it several times each morning as I am getting dressed.  I thought what better way to stay calm in the mornings than by seeing and reading God's Word!


Here is a close-up of the displays:


Here are the materials I used to create them: 5x7 photo mats, retired CTMH paper & coordinating stickease, CTMH ribbon, CTMH flip-flaps

I simply took 2 5x7 photo mats (from the Dollar Tree), added some scrapbook paper and card stock for a mat. Then I used a flip-flap so that I can easily change the verses out each week.  I added some Stickease for embellishment & then used some ribbon to finish it off.

Here it is without the verses - I am also going to make a few of these for my office so I can keep current pictures of my family!!!!!

If you would like to see more of the P31 Blog Hop, click here!!!!

Mercy Seat by Vicki Yohe

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing how you have displayed your memory verse. So pretty and such a great place. I loved reading your thoughts about our verse, as well!

    Kris Danko, Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!! I have a lot of left over mats....thanks for posting your idea!!! They are beautiful! I like the idea for pics too!! Thanks too for sharing what the verse means to you and the song spoke to my heart. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete