Verse of the Day

Friday, June 6, 2014

Another Year Added to the Books....

Today was my 21st last day of school as an educator! 21 years and I can honestly say I still love what I do. Don't get me wrong there are days that I could pull my hair out and wonder what in the world I am doing, but I wouldn't trade what I do for anything - from being a teacher to a reading coach to an assistant principal and then this year a principal - I consider myself very blessed!

Today was a very exciting day for several reasons:

  • The most obvious -- it was the last day of school
  • The first year of a 'new' school - the 6th grade center 
  • My first year as a principal is complete
  • We got our FCAT (state test) scores back today and we have huge improvements!!!!!
I have learned so much this year and I hope & pray that I made a difference in not only the lives of our students but also our faculty, staff, parents & community! 



I am looking forward to having some downtime this summer but I am also very excited about the planning for next year! I love the summers  - I have Fridays off and we get to look at what worked and what didn't and plan for an even better year next year!

So here is to all of my fellow educators --- enjoy your summer and remember you make a difference everyday!!!!!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment