Verse of the Day

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Yes I Am A Nerd!!!!

I have been in education for over 20 years and have always loved going to different trainings and workshops! I love knowledge --- and if that makes me a nerd then I am proud to be a nerd. This week I am in Orlando at the PLC @ Work Conference with my leadership team from my school.  I can honestly say that this has been one of the best conferences I have ever attended --- it's not an initiative, it's about what we are going to be doing everyday.  One of the phrases from today's session by Kenneth Williams, Unfold the Soul, is that we must integrate our mantra/mission, our vision and our commitments into the everyday structure of our school.  If we are doing something that does not match up with one of those three things, then why are we doing it?????

As a team we must decide the following:

  1. What do we believe about education?
  2. What do we want to achieve?
  3. Why do we go to work everyday?
  4. Why does our school exist?

Once we come to a consensus about these questions, then we can determine our true mission, vision and commitments - until this happens, we have no direction!!!! Honestly these questions can be applied to any area of your life. I think one of the issues we have in our society is we do not take the time to really think about why we do the things we do.  We get so caught up in going through the motions of everyday life, that we tend to forget about what we are striving for! I know for me one of my deep-seeded beliefs that led me to education is that ALL STUDENTS CAN LEARN and I need to remember to keep that as my focus in my every decision!



It aways amazes me at these conferences how much I learn and realize how far I am from being where I need to be.  But I know I am heading in the right direction and that is all that matters!!!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment