Verse of the Day

Friday, August 15, 2014

All Lit Up ... August Technique Blog Up

Welcome to the August edition of the CTMH Technique Blog Hop. This month we are featuring the technique, "All Lit Up" found on page 88 of the new Annual Inspirations.

If you are here from Haley's blog, then you are on the right track.

For my creation, I did a little bit of a different take on this technique.  Instead of using the glitter paper for the "All Lit Up" I chose to use two different colors, black & lagoon, of the shimmer trim (which looks just like strips of glitter paper).  I do have a confession that due to Open House and the first week of teachers being back at work, I did not get to completely finish my project.  But I am going to a scrapping; retreat this weekend and will be able to finish it and post the final product. Wooohoooo ---- I am at the retreat and I finished the card!!!!!!!

I saw this on Pinterest and have been wanting to try this technique for a while.

Simply take a 4 1/2" x 5 1/4" card base then using wash tape and shimmer trim place them in a diagonal manner.  You will see you don't have to worry about making it neat right now:


Then you simply fold all the edges under. You may need to trim around the corners.


Here is the base of the card after folding the edges in.


And here is the final product after adding the sentiment and a few licorice opaques for embellishments.

Supplies used: card base, Teal Shimmer Trim, Black Shimmer Trim, Lagoon Hearts Washi Tape, and Grey Polka Dot Washi Tape (retired), Cloud Nine Stamp Set (from a previous promotion)

Now you can hop on over to Debi's blog to see even more awesome All Lit Up creations!!!!!


Contact me today to get your own shimmer trim and glitter paper!

Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. I need to use this technique to use up some of my beloved Washi Tape. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great technique! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so awesome! LOVE IT! Gonna give it a try!

    ReplyDelete