Verse of the Day

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Distractions....

I have not posted in a couple of weeks because I simply needed some down time! I am always overwhelmed with the start of a new school year and then this semester I agreed to teach 2 (yes I know I am crazy) education classes for our local university.  I really do enjoy teaching and absolutely love helping students become teachers! All of this along with the mundane of everyday life ... well I just needed to get some distractions cleared away so I could focus.  Please understand, I do not think keeping my blog up to date and even scrapping are bad things ---- it's just that at times I know I have to simplify and those were things I could step away from for a little while.

While doing this, I also signed up to do the new Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study, The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst. It amazes me at how God prepares us for things before we even realize what He is doing! This Bible study is all about figuring out what things in life do we need to say yes to, no to and what things are the most important things that becomes our BEST YES answers!!!!

Here is an image from The Best Yes website that shows a quote form the book that really spoke to my heart:


My prayer is to have an underwhelmed schedule so that I can have an overwhelmed soul!!!!! I want an unbroken companionship with my Savior and I know that I can't or won't be able to accomplish either of these with too many distractions in my life.  So for right now, I am focusing on listening to God's voice so that I will know exactly what to say yes to and what to say no to!

I still plan on taking some time to create and when I do you know I will share that with you.  I am also hoping to share some of the insights I gain from this study ... I'm just not promising how often I will post right now!

If you are feeling overwhelmed and rushed all the time, I encourage you to take a deep breath and call out to God asking Him to show you what to take off your plate so that you are better prepared to see and know what He wants you to say yes to!

#TheBestYes

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment