Verse of the Day

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas

As I sit here on Christmas morning, I stop and listen and hear silence. I realize that this is the last Christmas we will have a child at home on Christmas morning and he is still sleeping.  I think back over the last two years and am amazed at how much our lives have changed.  Last night I started to get a little down as I realized that this will be the last year for some of our traditions but then I stopped and thought about how very blessed I am!!!  As our children grow up, get married and start families of their own it is an opportunity to watch each of them start traditions of their own. What is even more exciting is knowing that all of our kids are Christians and that they understand & believe that the only reason we even celebrate Christmas is for the birth of our Savior.

As we reflect on the manger today, we must also look to the cross! The cross that Jesus died on is the real reason we celebrate.  It is the cross that gives us true hope — hope of redemption - hope of forgiveness, grace & mercy! We also need to look beyond the cross and see the empty tomb, for the empty tomb is what gives us hope for eternal life! 

In all the excitement of family, friends, gifts, food, games and whatever else your traditions bring about today, I pray that each one of you know my Savior as your own Savior and that you have experienced His amazing grace & forgiveness.  If not, what better way to spend CHRISTmas than by choosing to follow Him? 

Here is my gift to you -- watch and reflect on the gift of our Lord!!!!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment