Verse of the Day

Friday, January 2, 2015

A Gift from the Heart & Soul

With my children all being adults now, finding Christmas gifts is getting harder & harder to do.  I try to do something personal for them and this year a fellow scrapper posted pictures of some recipe cards she had made using Studio J. As soon as I saw them I knew what I wanted to do  --- I wanted to make a Family Recipe Cookbook for my kids.  So I started creating in Studio J and this is what it looked like in SJ:






I had to make 7 of these and I had not quite figured out how to put them together. However, when I was shopping (the weekend before Christmas) I saw a display stand at Michaels and knew immediately this is how I would put them together.  However, each stand could only hold 20 pages and I was going to need 34 pages (once I cut them into the 6x6 pages each book totaled 34 pages!!!)  Thankfully, CTMH had the perfect solution ---- 6x6 flip flap pages! All I had to do was punch holes in them and hang them on the rack.  Here is what it looked like put together (I will spare you and only show a few of the pages - LOL!)






Needless to say I think my kids were very happy with this gift!!!!!

If you have not tried Studio J yet, you are missing out!!! It is so versatile and can be used for more than layouts!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment