Verse of the Day

Thursday, January 15, 2015

January Technique Blog Hop: Charmed I'm Sure

Welcome to our January Technique Blog Hop:


This month there are 12 of us highlighting the Charmed I'm Sure technique which features our Base & Bling charms used in ways other than jewelry!!!  You can read abut this technique on page 133 as well as all the available charms as shown on page 166 of our Annual Inspirations! This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. 

If you are coming from Terry's post you are on the right track! 

For my project this month, I decided to do an altered composition book for my 2015 prayer journal. True story here -- due to my order being delayed in shipping and having a leadership training in Orlando this week, I created my project in my hotel room on Tuesday night!!!!! I love how simple and quick many projects can be, yet they always turn out just right!!!

So here is my journal with the base & bling "Free Thinker Charms" tied to some twine --- I think they are just the right amount of embellishment! I simply used a sheet of B&T from our Seaside paper kit and a Picture My Life card from the Chalk It Up kit. I added some twine and tied 2 of the charms to it and VOILA ----- 




Now hop on over to Denise's blog for some more amazing Charmed projects!!!!!

Make sure you leave me a comment if you like what you saw!


Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. i love mini books and this one is awesome! The charms help complete the look. Great job!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this! I know you'll enjoy using it daily, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm working on using it daily!

      Delete
  3. Tonya, this is so cute! I love it! I never thought to make a prayer journal like this! So much better than store bought. The charms are just the perfect embellishment for your mini book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belinda -- I usually make me a prayer journal of some kind each year!

      Delete
  4. Adorable. The charms are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The charms are a really nice accent for your cover. Since I also sell Origami Owl, I really *love* that owl charm. Have never really noticed it before, but now I need to order some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The charms added just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete