Verse of the Day

Friday, May 15, 2015

May Technique Bit Of Blot Blog Hop

Welcome to our



This month there are 12 CTMH Consultants highlighting the "A Bit of Blot" technique that is featured on page 55 of our Annual Inspirations Idea Book! This technique is all about creating a colorful and fun background with your favorite ink, a sponge dauber and a My Acrylix block!  This technique is simple yet adds so much to a layout or card or whatever you are creating. 

If you are coming from Aggie's blog, then you are on the right track! 

For my creation I made a card using our Blossom paper pack.  Here is the process I took:

1. Using my sponge dauber, I daubed Lagoon ink right on my block, the help my spritzing pen about 10 inches from it and applied a fine mist of water.

 This was my first try:

I didn't really like the way that one turned out, so I tried it again!


Now we are getting somewhere, so I added my Blossom B&T, my stamped image (sorry but I used a stamp set that is no longer available) and finished it off with shimmer ribbon trim & Lagoon colored sparkles!


As you can see I also added bits of blots to the edges of my stamped image!

Before you head off to Debi's blog to see another fabulous Bit of Blot creation, leave me some love with a comment!

Check out my website to order all the supplies you need (along with a current stamp set) to make your own Bit of Blot creation!!!! Join the National Scrapbooking Month Online Gathering to receive a free goodie from me!!!! And while you are there, make sure you pick up the Taste of Summer paper pack that is only available this month in honor of National Scrapbooking Month! Read about that here


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Great use of the blot technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like how you showed your experimentation with the blot technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card! I like the clusters of blots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great illustration of different effects, the cluster blots for a patterned paper and the blots around the stamped image to create an artistic effect. Great card.

    ReplyDelete