Verse of the Day

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Walking in Faith

For the last couple of years I have felt God leading me in getting a Bible study started for ladies.  I kept talking about it with some of my closest friends and family, but that was all I did -- talk about it. Until this year! In April, I talked to my mom about us having a small Bible study group at her house a couple of times a month and she said yes! So we started with Gwen Smith's book, Broken into Beautiful.  It was wonderful and we averaged about 10 ladies every other week.  Once we finished that book, we decided to do "What Happens When Women Walk in Faith" by Lysa TerKeurst. Well this book got all over us and I knew without a doubt God was still dealing with me about leading a different Bible study - for more women.

Then one evening as I was on Facebook, God spoke directly to my heart with the idea of doing a Facebook Bible Study.  I have done a couple of different Hebrews Bible studies on my own as well as used some different commentaries and absolutely love the depth of that book and I really felt God leading me to use that as the study for the FB event.

Once I decided to do this, I chose a date then had to change it and change it again.  I finally decided that the first session would be August 6th.  Well August 5th comes around and I realize I never even set it up or sent out invites (I knew I wanted it be private so that the ladies participating could feel comfortable in interacting with each other). I started to change the date again but it was as if I heard God whispering to me, "Don't change it Tonya, just go with it. It will be okay." So I didn't change it and the morning of the 5th I set it up and sent out invites.  I was completely overwhelmed at how God worked and on the evening of the 6th, over 50 ladies actually participated in the event and then several others did over the next few days! God used me when I decided to be obedient and walk in faith!



I set this up as a 'ladies' only Bible study for the privacy and comfort in being able to participate freely.  However, I have had several men and some ladies that are not on Facebook ask me if I could share what I did, so this is where this post comes in!  I have decided to take what I do in the private ladies only Facebook event, and create a slide show with the information for others to read.  After all, the whole purpose of this is to get people to recognize how amazing our God is and for them to dig into His Word!

This is information only - there is no interaction like we have during the Facebook events. (By the way, if you are a lady and would like to participate in the Facebook events, let me know and I will be glad to send you an invite!)

So here is the first session on Hebrews 1. This is done in Google slide; however, you do not need a google account to view it.  Just click on the link below and you should be able to view the study.



My prayer is that you will have an open heart to what God does through this study!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment