Verse of the Day

Friday, January 1, 2016

Reflecting Back & Looking Forward


Over the last couple of days I have been reading many posts and status updates about resolutions and goals set - some met and some not met.  Of course I first I started down that road as well and started beating myself up mentally for all the things I wanted to do but didn't - you know - loose that dreaded weight, exercise more, spend less --- those things I say every year I am going to be better about but in the end I just sound like a broken record.  I have to admit I was starting to feel pretty down, then I stopped and listened to the still small voice of my God! And this is what I heard Him say,

"Tonya, I don't see any of that so why are you looking back on it.  What I see is that you started two different Bible study groups - one at your mom's and one using something that Satan wants to use for negative - Facebook - but you allowed Me to use it for My glory! I also see Your faithfulness in serving me - are you perfect at it - no, but did I ever ask you to be? If I keep looking I see something in your heart -- a desire to do better - a desire to be better -- that's all I ask. Keep listening and keep moving forward.  When you stumble, I will be there to pick you up and we - together - you & Me  - we will keep moving forward.  We are not looking back! So are you ready for Me to start another new thing in your life this year? If so, I am ready to do it."

Now please understand, I am not writing this to bring accolades to myself -- I am writing this as a reminder to you as well as to myself -- as God's child, He doesn't see our mess ups, our stumbles, our set backs -- what He sees are all the right things that we do and that's what He remembers.  Satan is the one who keeps score on all the other stuff - so I ask you, who are you going to listen to -- are you going to let Satan beat you up over all the missed opportunities & unmet goals, or will you tune in to God who simply wants to build you up and show you how HE is working in your life!!!!!

Trust me I could sit here and list 1000 things I did wrong or things I didn't do that I should have done this year and have myself a good ole' pity party.  But what does that get me - nothing!!!!! Or I can let Jesus love all over me and make the decision to keep walking with Him and simply love Him more each day than I did the day before!!!!

Let's let 2016 be the year we allow God to do immeasurably more in our lives than we could ever think or even dream!!!!!

Ephesians 3: 17-21 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Isaiah 43: 18-19 "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment