Verse of the Day

Friday, April 15, 2016

Resisting Can Be Fun


Welcome to this month's CTMH Technique Blog Hop.  This month there are 13 of us participating by featuring creations that use the Resist technique. Resisting occurs when you use a medium of some kind (clear embossing ink, embossing powder, embossing pen)  that “resists” or blocks an area from receiving another medium. 

If you are here from Michelle's Blog, you are on the right track.  If you get lost along the way, you can go to Melissa's Blog for a complete list of all the participants. 

For my creation, I am featuring a layout that I created as part of a team training featuring our Kaleidoscope kit & Diamonds are Forever stamp set.


The resist here that is shown in the images below were created by using the sentiments form the "Diamonds are Forever" stamp set that were 'inked' with clear embossing ink. After stamping it on the paper, I covered it in clear embossing powder then used our craft heater to set the embossing powder. As a final step, I used our watercolor paints to color over the sentiment - but as you can see, the stamped image 'resisted' the paint!!!!





I can't wait to get some pictures from Easter printed to add to this layout! If you would like to order your own supplies so you can start resisting, contact me today or visit my website!

Now hop on over to Helen's Blog for another amazing Resist project!!!!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet layout! I love how you create it using this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout and the watercolor squares work great with the layout.

    ReplyDelete