Verse of the Day

Monday, August 15, 2016

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Passionate About Pockets



I am excited that you have decided to join us on our CTMH Technique Blog Hop this month where we are focusing on "Pockets". These pockets could be our flip-flaps, pocket cards (Picture my Life cards) or any version of a pocket you could think of.

If you are here from Michelle's Blog, then you are on the right track.

I decided to use a variety of our Picture My Life cards and overlays.  I am still working on getting our Easter photos preserved and using these cards helped me get 4 pages completed on Saturday in about 2 hours.  I love how easy these are to use as well as how versatile!!!

For this first layout, I used the pocket cards and photos on a 12 x 12 cardstock to place in a standard page protector for the left side and used the pocket cards and photos on the right side in one of the pocket page protectors.  I am using the Calypso cards as well as the watercolor PML cards.





In the layout above, I used one of the black overlay cards that has the word 'Happy' on it to go over the picture n the middle of Big Daddy playing with Jase & Ten on the floating dock.  


Here is a short video tutorial showing the watercolor cards:



For my second layout, I continued using the Calypso papers and again one side is in the pocket page protector and the other side is on a regular 12 x 12 layout.



In the above layout on the top left picture & bottom right one,  I again used one of the black overlays.  I love how these overlays adds an extra pop to some of the pictures.



I put together another short video to show you how these pages fit in my album and why I chose to combine a pocket layout with a traditional layout.


Now hop on over to Kirsten's Blog to see how passionate she is about pockets!!!

Let me know if you are interested in learning more about pocket cards and the many different ways they can be used.  You can browse our pocket scrapbooking supplies by clicking here.

4 comments: