Verse of the Day

Saturday, October 15, 2016

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Wacky for Watercolor


This month we are using our watercolors to feature a variety of techniques that make using watercolors on our artwork beautiful, fun and sometimes downright wacky!

  


There are 11 CTMH consultants in this hop showcasing many different projects. If you are here from Tammy Lubik's Blog, you are on the right path.  You can find a full list of participants on Melissa's Blog if you get lost along the way!

For my artwork this month I decided to make a card using a blotting technique that gives a tie dye look. To begin with a used my medium size CTMH watercolor brush to create a palette of color using purple, blue and green on my paper desk pad. I know it doesn't look very pretty right there.

 Then I took a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of watercolor paper and placed in face down on this 'palette' of color like this.

Sorry I forgot to take a picture of this step. I used my craft dryer to speed the drying process up (it was pretty wet at this time).  Then I added "Hello" using the Thin Cuts, a piece of Swan Lake B&T for a background and then a card base. Finally, I added some bling with the clear sparkles.


Now hop on over to Melissa's Blog for another Wacky for Watercolor project!

5 comments:

  1. Great technique! I need to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. A new technique I need to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun technique! Thanks! Cute card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I will need to try this, it looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I hadn't thought of using the paper to hold the colors for the technique!

    ReplyDelete