I have been using Young Living Essential Oils since October 2014. One of the main reason's I choose to use YLEO is because Young Living is all about VIBRANT health, wellness, self-care and taking charge of our lifestyle and wellness choices. As well as they have a seed to seal guarantee that helps produce the highest quality of therapeutic oils you can get!
Please know I am not an expert and I am not a medical professional. You don’t need to be an expert to make better choices for your health and wellness. It just takes some research and experimentation. There are many wonderful reference guides, books and resources available about how to use essential oils.
EO's are volatile substances derived from plants, containing the natural smell and characteristics of the plant. They are extracted primarily through steam distillation. These potent, volatile (will evaporate), and versatile oils are often called the "life blood" of the plant. They have protective properties which are the plants natural defense mechanism.
Essential oils are extracted from trees, shrubs, flowers and stems and seeds. Essential oils don’t have a shelf life. They last a long, long time.
Eos are the purest, most potent form of an herb.
EO’s are nothing new. Historically, essential oils are the oldest known form of medicine, dating back to 4500BC.
EO's support EVERY system of the body -- skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular, digestive, endocrine, nervous, respiratory, lymphatic, urinary, reproductive and integumentary body systems - as well as the structures and functions of the body.
Let’s take a look at the oils that come in Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit.
- Promotes healthy intestinal and bowel function.
- Supports normal digestion.
- May support performance during exercise.
- Has a crisp, cool, refreshing flavor.
You can add Peppermint Vitality to food or water or add a few drops to a vegetable capsule.
Kitchen Tip: To make Peppermint brownies, add 5 drops of Peppermint Vitality to a 9x13 pan of your favorite brownies.
Lemon Vitality oil is cold-pressed from the rind of the fruit, meaning the oil doesn’t contain the acid found in the pulp. Drinking water with Lemon Vitality is much easier on the enamel of your teeth than squeezing a lemon into your water.
- Tastes wonderful in water.
- Includes 68% limonene, a powerful antioxidant.
- Can be used in beverages, savory foods, sweet foods, or placed in a vegetable capsule.
Kitchen Tip: Add several drops to your favorite fruit dip recipe.
DiGize Vitality is a blend of Ginger, Anise, Fennel, Peppermint, Tarragon, Lemongrass, Patchouli, Lemongrass, and Juniper.
- Supports normal digestion.
- Can be taken in water, honey, or a vegetable capsule.
- Can be used with meals along with enzymes like Essentialzymes-4™ to support a wellness regimen.
- Can be used as a dietary supplement in water when traveling abroad.
Thieves Vitality is a blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, Rosemary.
Where did the name “Thieves” come from?
Thieves was inspired by the legend of four 15th-Century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals they used while robbing the dead and dying. In exchange for a more lenient punishment, they revealed what they used. Thieves essential oil blend is highly regarded for it’s ability to support the immune system.
- Supports healthy immune function and overall wellness.
- Includes Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil, which may help maintain a healthy respiratory system.
- Can be added (1 drop) to a cup of tea or glass of apple juice.
- Supports oral health.
● Traditionally used to aid digestion
● Supports the body’s natural response to injury or irritation
● Promotes wellness.
● May be an important part of a daily health regimen.
● Mix with honey and warm water to create a tea.
○ Frankincense is considered the holy anointing oil in the Middle East and has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. (*If it is good enough for Jesus, it’s good enough for us!) Frankincense was valued more than gold during ancient times, and only those with great wealth and abundance possessed it.
- Can be applied or diffused for calming, relaxing, or emotional well-being.
- Is useful for massage after activity.
- May help smooth the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
- Includes the naturally occurring constituent alpha-pinene and is high in sesquiterpenes.
Lavender is one of the most popular essential oils. It’s also the most adulterated of all essential oils, so it is very important to know what you are getting. It takes 170 pounds of plant material to make 1 pound of lavender oil. Young Living adds nothing to that pure Lavender oil, so the aroma may be different than typical lavender body care products, which often contain synthetics for a sweeter fragrance.
- Assists the body when adapting to occasional stress.
- Relaxes and calms for restful sleep.
- Soothes and cleanses healthy skin.
- Soothes occasional minor skin irritation.
- Can be diffused for a comforting and calming aroma.
- Can be added with Epsom salts to a relaxing nighttime bath.
- Is sometimes called the “Swiss Army Knife” of oils because it can be used for so many things!
Purification is a blend of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Myrtle.
- Soothes and cleanses common skin irritations and occasional blemishes.
- Freshens & cleans the air rather than covering up odors like chemical sprays or plug-in air fresheners.
- Is a great non-toxic cleaning choice.
- Can be applied topically to enjoy summer evenings outdoors annoyance-free.
- Can be added to laundry soap or to wool dryer balls for fresh-smelling laundry.
PanAway is a blend of Helichrysum, Wintergreen, Clove, and Peppermint.
- Helps soothe occasional muscle tension and discomfort.
- Provides comforting warmth to muscles after exercise or daily activities.
- Can be applied to the skin for a soothing aromatic experience.
- Can be added to massage oil to cover a large area.
R.C. is a blend of Cypress, Spruce, and three types of Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Globulus, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Eucalyptus Citriodora).
- Can be diluted and applied to chest, neck, and throat areas.
- Can be rubbed on feet or chest before exercise to uplift. AMAZING use right here!
- Can be massaged on feet before bedtime.
- Can be diffused for an uplifting and invigorating aroma
STRESS AWAY (bonus oil)
Stress Away is a blend of Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Ocotea, and Lavender.
- Helps combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life.
- Promotes wellness.
- Helps reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium.
- Encourages relaxation and helps reduce occasional nervous tension.
- Can be diffused for a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere.
I know this is a lot of information and can seem overwhelming; however, I believe that when you give the body what the support it needs, then the body can heal itself. I have personally seen how essential oils has truly made a difference in people's lives. If you re interested in learning more, please send me a message. If you do not have my personal contact info, leave me a coment and I will contact you.
If you are ready to take the plunge - click here!!!